Monday 2 November 2009

Gluten free squash bread

It's been some time since i've tried making gluten free bread...previous attempts have not encouraged me to repeat my efforts! Though with the painful memories fading (!!), i felt it was time to give it another go. So i made g/f squash bread from Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat cookbook. I'd not yet been impressed with any of the recipes i've made from this book and with very few ingredients (butternut squash, g/f flour, baking powder & olive oil), my expectations weren't high. Yet it turned out surprisingly well! I tried the bread still warm from the oven, just adding a little marg and happily munched through quite a large amount of it! It has a lovely colour which only really shows up in the photo i took of it upside down. I had a chunk the next day with some re-heated tomatoey tofu stir fry leftovers and really enjoyed the combination. Definitely one to make again i reckon.





No comments:

Post a Comment