Monday 2 November 2009

Eating for World Vegan Day!



As it was World Vegan Day yesterday, the vegan meal group i sometimes eat out with (they meet once a month in the Brighton area) had decided to have a meal at VBites, the vegan cafe at Hove lagoon. Any excuse to eat celebratory vegan food sounds a mighty fine idea to me so i was more than happy to go along! I'd actually e-mailed them before going about gluten free options and they very helpfully sent me a list of options, such as many of the salads, the bean tacos, etc... I decided to go for the sweet potato green Thai curry with crunchy oriental vegetables and basmati rice. I took the photo of my meal after i'd already started eating as i got so excited tucking into the food i almost forgot about taking a photo altogether! I very much enjoyed the curry, i liked the chunkiness of the vegetables and the way they still had some crunch to them. The flavour was nice and it went very well with the rice. There was a large group of us at the cafe (possibly about 25?) , we took over half of the place! A few people managed cakes (there was a g/f option but i was full from my main course) and they looked very good indeed, plus the feedback from the cake eaters matched this. It's so great to be able to eat at VBites knowing that everything on the menu is vegan. I had a lovely evening there with a great group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment